Richmond Carpet | Shaw Carpet | Beaulieu Carpet | Kraus Carpet
Types of Carpeting
Understanding a few simple basics about carpet construction will help you make the right choice for your lifestyle and budget.
Are you wanting to get new Carpeting installed in your home?
Schedule A Free in home estimate
We will be happy to consult with you and get you the right Carpet for your needs.
A Discription of Common Carpet Fibers!
Most decoratively versatile cut-pile carpet
Textured surface helps hide footprints and vacuum marks
Adds casual beauty to any room
Looks great between vacuuming
Preferred style for busy households
A great "whole-house" carpet
- Refined cut-pile surface
- Luxuriously smooth, soft finish
- Beautiful with traditional interiors
- Adds distinctive elegance to any room
- Ideal for living and dining rooms
- Shows subtle highlights and accents
- A wool-like look and rugged loop surface
- Natural, hand-crafted appearance creates a warm, personal atmosphere
- Tight loop texture helps hide footprints and vacuum marks
- Subtle patterns fit a variety of room styles
- Ideal choice for contemporary to country to cottage furnishings
- A new berber look with all the wonderful color and interest of traditional loop berbers
- The great plush "feel" of thick, cut pile carpet
- Beautifully crafted and colored yarns add personality to any room
- Very versatile decoratively, ideal for casual rooms, kids' rooms, etc.
- Subtle color flecks help hide soil that might appear between cleanings
- Carved definition with cut-and-loop pile
- Accent colors spice up floor surfaces
- Multicolor effects hide soil and stains
- Looks great between vacuuming
- Choose from soft tonals to bolder color combinations
- Versatile styles blend comfortably with any decor
- Durable long-wearing surface pile engineered for high traffic areas
- Intriguing color choices suitable for professional and practical installations
- Textured surfaces provide subtle highlights
Nylon is the most common of all carpet fibers, and its high durability makes it a popular choice for areas of the home that receive high foot traffic. Resistant to most dirt, mildew and moisture, this fiber is also known for its ease of maintenance and non-allergenic properties.
This is an excellent fiber choice for the budget conscious. Polyester shares many of nylon’s nonallergenic, moisture and wear resistant properties but lacks the same degree of durability.
Fibers are extruded from a new generation of polymer giving it exceptional durability along with built-in stain resistance, color clarity, colorfastness, luxurious softness, and ease of maintenance.
Olefin or PolypropyleneThis fiber was first used in carpets designed for use outdoors and in spaces with high levels of moisture and humidity. Color-fastness, resilience, and resistance to water damage, mildew and piling are important benefits of this fiber. Polypropylene fiber is also recognized for a luxurious appearance and outstanding softness.